Thursday, February 2, 2012

A long time!

Wow I haven't written in so long where do I begin... Well Friday and Saturday last week I got letters from Jer YAY. I hate days when I don't get them. Seems like they only come on Friday, Saturday, and Monday so I have decided the middle of the week sucks. Seem slike he is doing well there. He was worried about his shooting because he did awful on the simulated stuff but rocked it when he got out to the real range. I know he was a stud lol. He sent letters for the girls and one for Nick too. I put that one in my letter box I bought and I am going to save it. I think Nick will appreciate it as he gets older. He loves mail call and all but begs me to keep sending him letters, packages, or cards, whatever really :) Thats good because I send him at least one thing a day. He is loving MRE's (meals ready to eat) which I think is funny cause they look so nasty. My father was in supply for the guard growing up and we used to eat them and liked them but hell, what does a kid know lol. He told me to do some homework and cook a steak, baked potato, and all the fixing and eat it and report back on how yummy it was hahaha. Of course I had to do it, it was my homework. Have to say my dad cooked the steaks perfectly too! So good. Jer was sad because he couldn't buy me an anniversay card at the PX when they went last. DS told him nothing but the stuff they needed. Oh well at least he tried right? It's hard he is away for so many important days.
But another YYYYYYYAAAAAAYYYY he got to call on Sunday, yup for 30 minutes! It was bliss. However let me tell you how short 30 minutes really is. He got to talk to the girls and Nick. Oh man, Nick was so cute, he was squealing and laughing into the phone and kept looking at both sides of the phone trying to find daddy. Poor little squishy. He said his cold/cough is gone but he hurt his leg hiking. Sounds like a pulled muscle so it should be ok, he is so tough. I am incredibly proud of all he is doing for us. I realized something talking to him too, I am truly loved. Now let me explain I knew he loved me, never a doubt, however this is torture for him. He is pushing himself mentally and physically for me and for our children. He loves me so much he is puting himself through hell for a better life. I am blessed!
We had parent/teacher conferences last night. Ugh this is the kind of thing I really need Jeremiah for. I hate doing that kind of stuff alone. Jordan got mostly good reoprts. Big thing was talking in class, yup sounds like a teenage girl to me. She got moved from next to her best friend in science, it was close to becoming a problem so all us parents decided to just fix it before it really was an issue. Myah, oh Myah. What to do with her. She got kicked out of Science class on Tuesday for being to disruptive and not listening. Her grades are not goos and her teachers say she needs to loose her attitude problem. Yup sounds like home to me. I talked to the special education teacher since she has Myah for two classes and we have some ideas we are going to try out. Also Myah is skipping lunch and first off she is to small anyway, has monthly weight checks for loosing weight, and it's just not healthy. So now Dawn the spec. ed. teacher is eating lunch with her and encouring Myah through a food journal and a food critic type thing. Hopefully that helps because her weight is way down. I hate that Jer is not home to help with things like this. Plus I can't even write to him about it because he needs to stay focused. I am doing the work of both parents and it's exhausting.
I am so lucky to have so much support and so many good friends to help, otherwise I would probably be in the looney bin by now lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment