Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ahhhhh

So sigh of relief today. I got a letter from Jer last night, or should I say a sucky form letter typed by his commander then signed by my husband. With everything going on the last 2 days then that I was seriously done. I wanted Jer home, I didn't care anymore.
Today after some good sleep, getting the boys from his ex without an issue, some help from two friends and my dad, and last but not least a REAL letter from Jer I feel much better. I think I just needed a little breakdown. Today the kids and I went and made a care package of things Jer is actually allowed, which isn't much but still I think it made us all feel good. On the way home we stopped at the Army/Navy store and made each of the kids dog tags with their name, birthday, Jer's Platoon, The battalion's motto, and the army battle cry on them. The kids were so happy. I need to give a huge thank you to my dad, Nancy, and Dallas who have helped me so much the last few days. the weight of some of the financial stuff off my shoulders is huge.
So my letter, yup a real one. If yall had seen the crap I got last night you would understand how much this one excited me, why it was that much more important! Jordan went to the mail box after she got done eating while the rst of us were still at the table. I swear its like a kid on Christmas as we look through the stack of mail. I got the letter and read it real quick to myself and then read the majority of it to everyone. It was heart breaking to see the kids cry as I read and knowing how much they miss daddy. It really was an amzing letter though. Jer said he passed the victory tower. For any of you that knows him and his fear of heights this was huge. He said he got to the top and was sop ready to give up but thought about us and thats all he needed to finish. Jer said he knew we made just as strong of a commitment as he did and couldn't let us down. He says I give him more strength than he thought he had... God if he only knew how bad I needed to hear that.
So yes I had a little breakdown and it was hard and it's still hard. And yes I am doing better and will do better as time goes on. It's a huge change. But I am so proud of my husband and the sacrafices I know he is making for us.

And note to the Army... It would be much easier if you had the same rules for all the companies. If one posts pictures and updates they all should have to, or none at all. It makes those of us who don't get pictures, videos, and daily updates like the other companies sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment