Sunday, January 8, 2012

First weekend

This was the first weekend without Jer. I have to say it was kinda weird. I tried to keep busy and definately succeeded. Yesterday I was able to go out to dinner with two amazing people and their daughter, who just happens to be my oldest daughter's best friend. Bill is the man who helped Jer into his military career, and yes while sometimes I already want to cuse out the Army, I am very grateful. Bill's wife Beth is amazing. I seriously love this woman. She stops by to shoot the shit and we can laugh, complain about kids, and talk about the Army.. she gets it all. So yeah, they took my family to dinner last night, ALL 3 of my kids. It was the best 3 1/2 hours I have had all week. The best part, all the kids seemed happier, Nick got some play time with Bill , and we all came home and had a decent nights sleep! It was heavenly!!! Today the girls and I watched football with mom and dad. I REALLY missed Jer then. Thats our sunday ritual. We would stay in jammies, snuggle on the couch and just chill for the day. Today I still stayed in my jammies, actually his jammies lol. Tonight I got a great phone call from Jer, got to talk for nearly an hour and it was awesome. He is heading to the other side of post in the morning for the real fun to start. I probably wont be hearing from him very much for the next few weeks and that sucks monkey butt. However, I am grateful for all the time this week I didn't expect.
Oh and yeah, Nick decided he would get fifth disease so I have cranky, rashy, fever baby... guess I will be busy for the next few haha :)
Oh what a glamorous life

No comments:

Post a Comment