Monday, January 16, 2012

I made it

This was my first weekend with all 5 kids alone and it was a 4 day holiday weekend at that. I survived!!! The kids were so well behaved. Really for having 5 kids, 5 different personalities we did very well. Nick is still having tummy troubles and has a terrible diaper rash that's bleeding no matter what I try. He is also waking up at night. I think he is having a super hard time adjusting with his best friend gone :(
Got more mail out to Jer today, the post office said the package would be there on thursday but I know it takes a couple extra days at Ft. Jackson but I really hope by saturday he gets some of the stuff we have sent. The boys have written the cutest letters. "hi dad I love you and miss you so much I cried today and the packers lost haha" I couldn't help but smile. I hope Jer does too. I have also decided that sleeping in his jammies is good :) The kids an dI also met a man today that went to Ft. Jackson 11 years ago. Poor guy was so sweet to answer all their questions and get excited over their dog tags. They are dying to know about the gas chamber, which it looks like Jer is doing tomorrow or the next day. Boys left at 7pm tonight and I did a bit of relaxing, alot of cleaning, laundry and now typing and writing to Jer again. I swear being a "single" parent involves no sleep lol
And for my friends and family who have helped me and made me smile when I start to cry, thank you!! This is a crazy rollercoaster and not what I expected. I again in life am realizing who my true friends are. Like when my son died, some people are really stepping up to the plate because my true friends and my good family knows I will do that for them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment