Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wahoo Weekend

Today was such a good day. In fact this was a good weekend, which is saying alot considering I didn't get a phone call from Jer. I did however get 3 letters. Three amazingly sweet, perfect letters. Jer really sounds like he is doing well minus missing us and having a cold. He said it's the "boot camp cough" lol guess it's common. I seriously am falling in love with my husband all over again. I am geting those same awesome butterflies in my stomach that I did while we were dating.
 He said he lost his Favorite pen during field training exercises (glad I sent a few more) He said his team found all their points on land nav. but the weather seems super cold. He said he has been showing all of our families pics around the bay and gets teared up :(  I have sent a few more pictures to him and ordered some more I will send out tomorrow.
Jer said they keep getting smoked for dummies steping in the kill zone but now can do 100 push ups without a problem lol. I guess the kill zone is an area in the bay no one is supposed to walk in. He also asked if he was writing to much???!!!! NO!!! He said he has been writing every night and really likes to. He offered to write only once a week or every other day, no ...way! He has done lost his mind lol. I want tons and tons of letters so if he likes writing everyday please, please do!!!
He did the 2 mile run the past week without slowing down which is big for him and passed his lifesaver test with a 97.5%, only missed one. After that they hiked 10K to the NBC (gas) chamber. Jer said they put on their mask, went inside, broke the seal, give their last 4, put it back on and clear it. Then they wait a few minutes take it back off again and recite the soliders creed, which cant be done cause it burns the lungs to much. He said when he got outside he had snot pouring and his eyes were watering haha. Said it only lasted 10 minutes though. Then they had to do the "victory run" through the chamber without their masks on. Then of course the 10K hike back "home" He said basic isnt to bad except missing us of course. He also said he has been able to fly under the radar pretty well so far.
Oh his letter dated the 17th said it was the first day they got mail but he didn't get any, sad cause I have sent a ton. I think total as of yesterday the family has sent 14 letters and a package, so yeah he will get flooded soon. So yup,
There's a little update on Jer.
Oh and to share something a little bit personal, Jer said that when he gets sad missing me he kisses his wedding ring. He asked me if I could could feel it, he hoped so. Funny thing is I do the same thing. It's kind of neat to think we could be doing it at the same time.
Today the girls helped me get some cleaning done, and without really arguing, wahoo! Then we went to Bill and Beth's house for dinner. I got to visit with them for a few hours and the girls got to do girly stuff with their daughter Kimmie. It worked out great. I love talking with them. Beth knows what I am going through basically because she has dealt with Bill and deployments. Although at least I know my husband isnt being shot at. Bill is a great resource and is so honest. I am so lucky to have them as friends. I got to look at cool Army stuff of Bill's and neat things from Iraq. Also a beautiful scrapbook Beth is finishing up for Bill. I think Nick liked hanging out over there too. He got to sit with Bill in his recliner adn play blocks with Beth. He gave tons of smooches and and even gave the doggie a tounge kiss EEWWWW Kind of hilarious too because he didn't like the dogs all that much, he was scared.
Oh and the GIANTS are going to the SUPERBOWL!!!! Yup my team made it and Jer's didn't wahoo!!! So yup good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment